BarVision respects your privacy and works hard to protect your personal information. It also explains your privacy rights and how to exercise them. We want you to understand how we may collect, store, use and protect your personal information. When you downloaded our software, installed our hardware and/or use our App or website in order to use our Services, you agreed to accept this policy. We may change this policy at any time. We will post notifications of revised versions of our policy on our website, and revised policies will be immediately effective.
BarVision is a technology-based company that offers products, software, analytics, data and services to the Food and Beverage Industry (the “Services”) owned by BarVision, LLC, a company headquartered in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania in the United States of America (“BarVision”).
“Customers” are businesses that have purchased the Services and their employees.
“Partners” are 3rd party companies that are used to deliver the Services to Customers.
“Personal Information” is any information that identifies or can be used to identify a Customer or a Visitor, directly or indirectly. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, information that identifies you directly like your name and email address and demographic information.
“Business Information” is information specific to your business, such as point of sale data or information collected by our Services.
“Smart Spout Solution” refers to BarVision’s liquor management hardware, software and services.
“Visitor” means any person who visits any of our Websites.
“You” and “Your” means, depending on the context, either a Visitor, a Partner or a Customer.
Personal Information Collected through our Websites
This section pertains to information collected from individuals who visit our Website(s). When you visit our website(s), request general information, information about our Services (like a request for a quote or a product demonstration), communicate with our customer service or subscribe to our email lists, we may collect some or all of this Personal or Business Information from you.
- Your name
- Email address
- Business Role
- Business Address
- Phone Number
- Your Business-related information like type of venue, number of locations, number of bars, size of bar or restaurant
- Name of Point of Sale (POS) System
Certain information is provided on a voluntary basis and other information may also be collected automatically when you visit our websites. For more information, please see the section of this Policy entitled “Automatically Collected Information”.
Personal Information Collected through the Services
If you are a Customer, we will collect Personal Information from you in connection with your service agreement and use of the Services, including, as applicable, your name, address, tax identification number and banking or other payment information.
If you are an employee of a Customer, we also collect information about you through your use of the Services. In these instances, Personal Information we collect may include your name, email, phone number and employee identification number. We may also collect information relating to your role, such as your job title, job hours and your work location(s) and business phone number(s).
Depending on which Service you have used, Information collected may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Contact details such as your phone number and email;
- Your address and other location details;
- Your payment card information, such as the brand, card number, security code and expiration date;
- Your automated clearing house (ACH) electronic payment information;
- Transactional information and details (e.g. history of goods/services ordered, date, payment method and amount of payment);
- Information collected through the use of Services, such as liquor, beer and/or wine pours and inventory data and related transactions at your business; and
- Account and profile information such as your username and password
Personal Information Obtained from other Sources
Depending on whether you are a Customer or a Visitor to one of our websites, we may also collect information about you from third parties including our Partners, contact and mailing list providers, identity verification services, credit bureaus (if applicable) and credit card companies. We may also collect information from you that is publicly available. For example, if you interact with us through various social media channels.
Automatically Collected Information
When you visit our websites, we will automatically collect information about you through cookies and similar technologies.
- Log Files and Device Information. Log files include information such as your IP address, browser type, the referring domain, pages visited, and search terms.
- Device Information may also be collected to help us optimize your experience and improve our Services. This information may include the device you use to connect to our Website(s) or Services, including your device type (e.g., mobile, tablet, desktop/laptop), browser, and operating system.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information to:
- Provide, operate, maintain, test, and improve the Services, including to:
- Enable our Customers to access and use the Services;
- Provide and create documentation, training, and professional services related to the Services;
- Communicate with you in relation to your use of the Services or your requests, such as sending you a notification that new reports are ready or responding to your feedback; and
- Use transactional data to create user order histories and profiles
- Secure and protect our networks and systems, including to:
- Implement controls that limit authorized access and viewing rights of Customers and users of Services;
- Monitor our systems to ensure that they are working as intended and to detect and fix errors; and
- Access log information to investigate problems or unauthorized use.
- Create and deliver analytics for the purpose of comparative analytics for our own, Partners’ or Customers’ sales and quality improvement purpose.
- Fulfill our legal and contractual obligations.
- Provide customer support and respond to other user requests relating to the Services.
- For marketing purposes. Pursuant to the applicable law or with your consent, BarVision and its Partners may contact you, or we may engage a third-party to contact you in relation to our Services as well as other promotions and offers that you have requested or we believe might interest you. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send you the newsletter. If you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional emails from us you may follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each such message, or contact us at [email protected].
- To send you digital receipts. During your use of the Services, you may also choose to receive receipts or Service confirmations and/or other communications from BarVision and our Partners via email or text message through the Services. You always have the option of opting out of automated email or text messages by emailing [email protected].
Information We Share
We may share Personal Information as follows:
- With our Partners for the purposes of providing Services to you and fulfilling your requests;
- With our Partners (including our integration partners) in order to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- With our parent, subsidiary, or affiliate companies, agents (if any) for the purposes outlined above;
- With third parties to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including service providers
- who access information about you to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- hosting and database services,
- payment processors,
- identity verification services,
- mail, e-mail, and text messaging services,
- providers of analytics, data processing, order fulfillment, product delivery, user data management, and customer support services,
- credit bureaus and other related third parties (if applicable based on your status and the Services provided), and
- marketing, research, and survey services.
- In connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business; and
- If we believe it is necessary to:
- protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our Services;
- enforce the terms of the Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies;
- protect us, users of our Services, or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- investigate, detect, and prevent fraud, security breaches; or
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
Non-Private or Non-Personal Information.
BarVision may share, sell or disclose your non-private, aggregated, anonymous or otherwise non-personal information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner. We may share information that is not personally identifiable to you or your business, including aggregated statistical information derived from use of our Services, with our affiliates, partners, and others. Such information could be used, for example, to provide us with statistical, benchmarking or other analyses. None of this type of information can be linked by the recipient in a way that identifies information as pertaining specifically to you. We may also disclose or share information that is not personally identifiable to you with our affiliates, partners, merchants and others.
Your Account and Retention of Personal Information
We generally retain Personal Information as long as reasonably necessary to provide Services or carry out the purposes described in this Policy. We may retain archived copies of information about users of our Services for a period of time that is consistent with our data retention policy, applicable law, or as we believe is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- prevent fraud;
- collect fees owed;
- resolve disputes;
- address problems with our Services;
- assist with investigations;
- enforce our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies; or
- take any other actions consistent with applicable law.
As a Customer with an account, for certain Services, you may access, change, or correct your personal account information at any time by logging into your account.
As a Visitor, if you believe that we have information about you that should be changed or corrected, you may make the request to us at [email protected]. We may need to verify your identity before changing or correcting your information.
Please note, however, that due to legal, contractual, and technical restrictions, we may not be able to make the requested change or correction. For example,
- If we received the information about you from one of our Partners or the request relates to something that the Partner oversees, we may be legally and contractually required to refer your request to that Partner;
- In the event of legal action or dispute, we may be prohibited from altering any information; or
- We maintain regular backups and archives of our data and changing archived data may be impracticable.
Opt-Out of Marketing Communications from Us
We will endeavor to include instructions on how to “opt-out” of any marketing communications we send you. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future communications, or you wish to have your name removed from our mailing lists, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that you may still receive transaction-specific communications after opting-out of marketing communications, if applicable.
State Privacy Rights
Some state laws may provide additional rights and protections for your information and privacy. For example, California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the [email protected].